If you have a printer at home, you might realize how fast ink gets used up. It seems that you have recently installed a new cartridge but you are already dealing with an empty cartridge after a few days. You should take note that you are not the only computer user that is experiencing problems with printer ink. However, it is still possible for you to minimize your ink consumption. Here are some tips that you might want to consider doing when dealing with printer ink:
• Print in grayscale - Black ink is less expensive than colored ink. That is why you might want to print most of your documents in grayscale. Always ask yourself if you really want a colored document or not. If the document that you are going to print is not an important document or a research paper, you might want to print in grayscale. You might also want to set your printer into monochrome mode so that you will be able to save colored ink for more important projects.
• Make use of the draft setting - When you go to the printing options, you can choose how good the quality of your document will be. If your document is not really that important, you can print it using the draft setting. This setting makes minimal use of ink. There are some printers that can still print high quality text even if the draft setting is turned on.
• Do not print directly from websites - Website pages contain a lot of pictures, tables, and other visual designs that you will not really need. If you really want the content of a particular web page, the best thing that you could do is to copy the text and then paste it in Microsoft Word or a similar program. From that program, you could print your paper. Printing from websites is one of the most common reasons why printer ink gets used up easily.
• Proofread before printing - Reprinting is also another reason why ink gets depleted easily. Most people do not proofread their documents before printing them. By the time they have detected the mistakes, they have already printed numerous copies. Since documents with mistakes are useless, people will have to reprint the entire document again. Read your document twice and make sure that there are no mistakes before you press that print button.
• Never let your ink dry up - Some people do not want their ink to get depleted easily that they only use their printer when needed. However, if you do not want the ink in the cartridge to dry up, you should print a document at least once every week. You have to keep the ink cartridge alive so that it will not dry up. You do not have to print a high resolution image. You can print any document or you could even print a test page. Never let your printer be inactive or else you will not be able to make use of its ink in the future.